Monday, August 23, 2010

Mend (Full Version)*

Mend my broken trust by living but a mere moment with me,
Just enough to show you care.
Not for the rest of your days.
Unless you take it upon yourself.
It wouldn't be your duty.
But instead, your pleasure.

Mend my broken heart by telling me these simple words,
I really meaning you,
Love symbolizing your feelings towards me,
and finally you meaning me.

Show me your true feelings towards me
If there are none so be it.
It was swell while it lasted
But say it isn't so.
Don't speak the words that would break my soul.
Instead tell me your love is everlasting.
Tell me we will be together for an eternity.

My love and yours would move mountains.
But, only if it is true, love me as I love you.
Desire me as I do you.
Keep me by your side for all your waking moments.

Let our memories revolve around us.
Let no one deprecate our love.
It is true.
Our love is...
Angelic.
Our desire...
Demonic.

Is it a sin to love thee?
No I think not!
Perhaps it is a sin to give myself to thee?
No I think not!
How could it when I feel no regrets..

Tell me you'll be faithful.
Only to me.
Proclaim your love for me
Don't deny it.
I know it's there
Love me for who I am
and all that I'll be.
Make me yours forever
and I'll make you mine.
May god for give me for my selfish ways.

Once more I plead
Mend my trust, love, body, & soul
by telling me only one thing.....
That you love me.

~Ashley Autumn Schandelmeier~2004~


*This poem was published in book and I had to edit some of the verses out.

No comments:

Post a Comment